Friday, April 16, 2010

Throwing Starfish

 I just finished reading an article in the BYU Alumni magazine we got today in the mail.   I am in tears and so inspired by this amazing women Amanda De Lange ( BYU alumni student from South Africa).

  She started a foster care foundation in China in 2005 for disabled Chinese orphans.  She litterally goes into the Chinese orphanages and picks out the Children who are the worst off and in the most need and takes them to their foster care center helps get  them healthy and  get the medical care they need so that they can be adopted to loving families. She named her foundation "Throwing Starfish" after the story about the little boy who is throws star fish back into the ocean one at a time. Like the story she is making a difference one child at a time.  I could not stop thinking of Lori Eastin while I read about these children.  I wonder  if we could provide service for this foundation somehow?   Or maybe if you are looking for a way to serve this is a perfect opportunity. Check out all the cute babies at the her website. It makes me wish that I could adopt one!   Amanda also has a blog
It may not seem like this post matches this blog, but I thought this woman might inspire you with the spirit of service like she has inspired me.

1 comment: