Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is the system that got me through Iraq!

Okeydoke, I'm sure there is a better way to do this than to give you a link, but I'm not sure what that is, so here's my favorite, tried and true HOUSEWORK SCHEDULE!
I just went through and revised this to meet my current needs, but this is what kept our house in working order while Dave was in Iraq. It has changed a LOT over the years, but I always come back to it because for OUR family, IT WORKS! The new addition to the chart is that now there is a bold section at the bottom of each day with what I expect my KIDS to do. Dave knows it is his job to help check off the list when he is home as well.
Leave a comment if you want me to email you an editable word document version so you can change it to meet your needs.

4 comments:

  1. Email it to me, wouldja?

    Just looking at 3 loads a day makes me want to hurl!

    I think I'm going to try it your way....pretty similar to all the things I'm already doing with out a schedule, just much more organized!! Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Val! It is a little bit more understandable to be able to see it...don't get me wrong, you explained it wonderfully on the phone. Right now my cleaning schedule is to keep clutter and dishes away. That is all I can handle! Looking at that list makes me want to take a nap!!! I have a great helper at night with the weekly cleaning things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jen. The WONDERFUL thing about 3 loads a day is that after a few days of doing it, I am LOOKING for enough laundry to make a load and sometimes there isn't enough for 3! Michele, the best part of that schedule is that when I really do it, It only takes me 1/2 an hour to do the first 1/2 of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ladies, I just posted my thoughts on this subject under worst first, but a schedule really does help. If Valerie's looks like too much for you(no offense) than adjust it to what will work for you. I did my own years ago.
    I have scheduled everything from what days I do laundry to grocery shopping. If you break it down in small chunks, it is not bad. The hard part is the initial start up.

    ReplyDelete