Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reading/Book club blog

     For those of you who do not know I started a new reading blog this week called "Michelles daily reading fix " I started this blog mostly with the idea of starting an online book club. I have really missed the book club I left behind in Sandy when we moved. And when I tried to start one here  people seemed really interested at first, but it sorta flopped because people said they did not have time to come to the meetings.  I figured it would be easier for people to check a website and leave comments instead.  I also was thinking how some people ( housewives in particular) have a difficult time having time to read with their little ones underfoot, but everyone seems to find time to get on the computer at least once a day.  So I added a few extras that can help you quickly get your reading fix for the day.   These include Short stories, Read a classic book a chapter a day, poems, Noteworthy news, a kids corner where there are fun things for kids and where they can submit things they have written. Recipes to share etc.  I want people to submit and suggest things they like to read, want to read  or have written too. 
If some of you still want to get together at the end of the month and meet physically and take time to have a discussion  about the monthly book picks I would totally be willing! :-)
Anyway check it out!  And don't be afraid to make suggestions and let me me know if there anything I can improve or if there is something I should add to the blog.
-Michelle L.

2 comments:

  1. Family: Those who create all that stinkin' laundry and you love them anyway!

    Family: The only sane reason to do 20 loads per week.

    Sensing a theme here? Bet you can't guess what I'm doing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie.. this was suppose to be on the other thread. Sorry, Michelle. I'm not much of a reader.

    ReplyDelete