Thursday, July 29, 2010

Finally Taking My Own Photo Challenge!

I'm finally posting pics of my garden... I know- it's about time! Let me tell you a few interesting things about my garden!
  • Paxton dumped a pack of seeds, I think, on the corner there closest to the camera in the first picture. Pretty sure I didn't plant cantaloupe there! But luckily for the seeds, the connection rounding that corner leaks a little!
  • I have some underground friends that like to eat tomato plants. They're probably eating my potatoes as well!
  • I planted BUSH beans along the fence, not knowing for sure whether bush beans would climb or not. Apparently there was ONE pole bean in that seed packet, because I have one bean plant that has climbed to the TOP of my fence!
  • Our family celebrates Zucchini Day OFTEN. In other words, don't forget to lock your car at church!
THIS is a picture of WHAT SUMMER tastes like! Fresh Sun-Sugar tomatoes,
fresh from the garden!

1 comment:

  1. I need to post pics of my garden too. It has been strange this year because my plants have been big for awhile, but actually having veggies ripen has been slow. I have picked a total of 2 zucinnis so far and about a handful of cherry tomatoes. My lettuce has done well, but my chickens keep eating it just when it is about ready to cut. I will send pics soon.

    ReplyDelete