Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Freezer Idea

I saw this idea in a Parent's magazine. I have used it and love it. I thought I would share.

You can do it with anything(soup, chicken, shredded cheese, onions) but I mostly do it with ground beef.

When you buy in bulk and store in freezer bags...
Here is the idea...smash the bags flat so they stack in the freezer.  
You can also get a basket and store all sorts of things like a filing cabinet.

Well, I thought this idea was brilliant and have been using it. It helps so things don't fall out every time I open the freezer. :)

3 comments:

  1. Just to add to your idea... Cook the meat first then freeze it and you only have to do dishes once! I do this all the time and usually do 1/2 taco meat and the other half plain so I do what I want with it later. Great for busy/lazy days when dinner sneaks up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing in my fridge with lunchmeat, hotdogs, cheese, etc. AND- I do what Jennie is saying with the cook your meat first thing- except I use 1 large freezer bag, squish the air out, then divide it into sections with my hand so that I can open it and dump out one section at a time. Great ideas, Michele and Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what Jennie said about cooking the meat first. I have a great book called "Make a Mix" That my neighbor in AZ. Mother in law co-wrote and it is full of meat mixes, dry mixes, sauce mixes etc. That you make ahead of time. She has some really good meat mixes I like to buy in bulk and set aside a cooking day (kind of like once a month cooking), but you cook all your meat(ground beef, chicken,etc.), bag it and put it in the freezer. It takes so much time off making meals because cooking the meat is the most time consuming part! It have not done this lately though thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete