Monday, August 9, 2010

Eggs finally!

I had checked the Chickens laying box a few days ago a little hopful that there would be eggs in there, but   the box was empty so I figured it would not be until the end of August before the chickens would start laying eggs.  Then yesterday my nephew Logan discovered  3 white eggs in the laying box!     This morning after hearing a bunch of load cackling  we checked the box again and there was another one in there :-)  I know it is my white chicken doing it because the red ones are supposed to lay brown eggs.  They are supposed to lay about one egg a day so I figure she has been laying for 4 days now. Yay! I am so excited!  The kids and I wanted to try them out so we had yummy fried eggs and toast this morning and they were sure good!
 I was thinking I have 7 chickens and once they all start laying eggs if they lay one egg a day that will be a lot of eggs!  I might be selling fresh eggs soon if it gets out of control :-)

1 comment: